新浪教育 外语

寒流来袭 哆哆嗦嗦学点冷英语让身子暖起来

新浪教育

关注

 

 英文怎么表达“冷死大爷我了”?

1. It's cold today。

今天好冷。

2. It's chilly today。

今天冷风飕飕。

3.It's freaking cold today!

今天冷死啦!

4. The wind really chills me to the bone。 / The wind is bone-chilling。

这寒风真是刺骨。

5. I'm frozen / stiff。

我简直冻僵了。

6. The wind just cuts right through you。

风简直是直接穿过身体。

7. It's freezing!

好冷!

8. I can't stop shivering from the cold。

我冷得不停打哆嗦。

9. This cold front is taking its toll!

寒流正在发威呢!

10. Now it feels more like winter, doesn't it?

现在感觉比较像冬天了吧?

11. The bathroom gets chilly in the winter。 

冬天浴室变得很冷。

12. She opened the window and I was hit by an icy blast of air.

她打开窗户,一阵刺骨的寒风向我袭来。

13.He leant forward to protect himself against the biting wind.

他佝偻着身体以避寒风。

14. Wrap up warmly - it‘s bitter outside.

穿暖和些——外面特别冷。

15. The evening was cold and raw.

那个晚上寒冷刺骨。

16. Walking home in the snow, we got chilled to the bone.

我们蹚着雪往家走,快要冻僵了。

17.It was a cold and frosty morning.

那是个天寒地冻的早晨。

18. It‘s a bit parky today, love - you’ll want your coat!

亲爱的,外面有点冷,你穿件外套吧!

19. I'm frozen - could you close the window? 

我冻僵了都,你可以关下窗吗?

20. It's freezing in here - can I close the window? 

这儿冷极了——我把窗户关上可以吗?

被冻懵逼的人才懂的9个事实!

1.You’d rather spend your time like this instead.

你只想像这只喵一样打发时间(传说中的宅、猫、屯)。

2.But you know that you just have to suck it up and go outside anyway.

但你知道,不管怎样你都得顶着寒风出门。

3.Getting all your winter gear together can take longer than the actual run itself.

穿好抗寒装所花的时间,可能比你跑步的时间都长~

4.And once you have it all on, you’re pretty sure you’re wearing every piece of clothing you own.

一旦穿戴完毕,(重重的感觉)会让你确信,自己真的把所有的衣服都穿上了。

5.And no matter how much you cover up, sometimes it’s still not enough.

不管你把自己包裹的多严密,有时候还是不够啊。

6.No matter how you’re dressed, the freezing cold air makes your lungs feel like they’re on fire.

不管你穿多少,冰冷的空气总会让你感觉自己的肺着火了。

7.And the first few steps outside make you reconsider your entire workout.

刚刚踏出门几步,你就开始考虑要不要转变计划。

8.Yet no matter how many layers you wear, somehow your extremities are always freezing.

但不管穿了多少层衣服,你的四肢依旧冰凉。

9.No winter gear is too crazy to search for on Pinterest.

在Pinterest(一个照片分享网站)上你能搜到各种疯狂的冬季装备。

这样的天儿,小心遭遇到心情不佳的“一月忧郁”,小情侣们也要撑住了!

January blues means people spend 15 hours a day at home - causing “cabin fever”.

“一月忧郁”指人们每天在家待的时间长达15个小时,引发了“幽居病”。

Cabin Fever is a real phenomenon that takes place during the dark winter months, particularly January.

幽居病是在阴郁的冬天特别是一月份发生的一种真实现象。

The lack of sunlight can make us feel lethargic and depressed, and the lack of exercise and the fact that we are cooped up in a stuffy, centrally-heated house can make us feel edgy, irritable and stressed, said a behavioural psychologist.

行为心理学家表示,缺少阳光会让我们昏昏欲睡、心情抑郁,而缺少锻炼,成天待在不通风的集中供暖的屋子里,则让我们焦躁易怒,精神紧张。

The January blues struck 38 percent with under 25s being the worst hit at 48 percent and almost half of Brits said January was the most depressing month of the year.

英国有38%的人遭受“一月忧郁”的困扰,其中25岁以下的人受创最严重,忧郁者多达48%。此外,近半数英国人称一月是一年中最令人抑郁的月份。

January is the worst month for couples.

对于情侣来说,一月是最糟糕的一个月份。

Average Brits argue rise to an average of eight minutes a day during the month - and two thirds have broken up with a lover at the start of the year, research has revealed.

研究显示,一月份普通英国民众平均每天吵架的时间为8分钟,三分之二的英国人在年初和情人分手。

切记,天儿冷了,人可不要再“高冷”了

1. glacial: 冷若冰霜的;冷冰冰的;冷淡的

She gave me a glacial smile/stare.

她向我微微冷笑了一下/冷冷地瞪了我一眼。

2. icily: 冷冰冰地

She stared icily at us.

她冷冷地看着我们。

3. frigidly: 冷淡地

Sarah shook his hand frigidly.

萨拉冷冷地和他握了握手。

4.rang cutting: 刻薄的;尖刻的;伤人感情的

He can be very cutting when he chooses to be!

他要是刻薄起来,绝对会让你受不了!

5. coldly: 冷淡地;无情地

“That‘s your problem, ” she said coldly.

“那是你的问题,”她冷冷地说道。

6. frosty: (态度、感情等)冷淡的,冷漠的;不友好的

He gave me a frosty look.

他冷冷地看了我一眼。

The chairperson‘s plan received a frosty reception from the committee.

委员会对主席的计划反应冷淡。

7. indifference: 漠不关心;冷淡

His attitude was one of bored indifference.

他的态度既不耐烦又漠不关心。

8. blankly: 茫然地,木然地

He just stared blankly at me.

他只是茫然地看着我。

9. poker-faced: 面无表情的;一本正经的

She sat poker-faced all the way through the film.

整场电影,她一直泥塑木雕般坐着。

10. impassively: 神情冷漠地

The defendant sat impassively in the dock while evidence was given against him.

在不利证据被出示时,被告面无表情地坐在被告席上。

 

来源:微信公众号 口袋英语精选

责任编辑:王淳

加载中...