BBC英语小测验：易混动词 “have” 和 “take”
动词 “have” 和 “take” 是不少英语初学者在一开始就接触到的基础词汇。虽然这两个词语的含义有相似的部分，但它们各自却有不同的用法。比如，“have” 后面可以接表示沟通交流、饮食以及赞同和反对他人观点的名词；而 “take” 后面可以接表示休息和决定的名词。根据下列各题目中所描述的场景，选择最恰当的一个选项来完成句子。注意区分动词 “have” 和 “take” 的用法。
1. I think it’s much safer not to go. It’s not worth _______ the risk.
2. She’s very upset. I think you should _______ with her.
a) be having a chat
b) have a chat
c) be taking a chat
d) take a chat
3. We are delighted to announce that the main actor is well, and will be _______ in the show after all.
a) have part
b) having part
c) take part
d) taking part
4. The community are determined to _______.
a) to have taken their say
b) have had their say
c) have their say
d) take their say
5. Hopefully the new homeless initiative _______ a positive effect and reduces the numbers of people sleeping on the streets.
d) is taking
6. You’ve really got to _______ a decision on whether you want to rent or buy a house.
b) be having
c) be taken
7. Because we have received no response from her regarding her employment, we will be _______ to terminate her contract.
a) taking steps
b) having steps
c) had steps
d) took steps
8. It’s impossible to tell who will win. _______ when it comes to tennis.
a) I’m taking absolutely no idea
b) I’m having absolutely no idea
c) I take absolutely no idea
d) I have absolutely no idea
1) c, 2) b, 3) d, 4) c, 5) a, 6) d, 7) a, 8) d.